11 months ago
MEP Project Manager
Job number: UK14569
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, London, Watford
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MEP Project Manager to join our Regional team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a MEP Project Manager, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Estimate and scope MEP trades during pre-construction.
* Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP trades.
* Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project (from Groundbreaking through Commissioning and Handover to Owner).
* Assist Planning Manager with developing detailed CPM schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
* Work with Construction Lead on project logistics and temporary facility plans.
* Review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
* Monitor the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Owner.
* Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project Manager and Operational Staff.
* Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed.
* Represent Balfour Beatty in regard to the MEP process at client and contractors meetings.
* Supervise, develop and mentor project staff, if applicable.
* Lead and direct the 3-D coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
* Take overall responsibility for the performance of all MEP trades.
* Supervise review and coordination of submittals and shop drawings.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
* Extensive experience in Construction/MEP Coordination.
* Good understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and high / low-voltage systems.
* General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project.
* Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
* Experienced dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
* Have proven track record as a Project Manager on related projects with large MEP scopes.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.