8 months ago
MEP Design Manager
Job number: UK15108
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, London, London
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MEP DESIGN MANAGER to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in London.
What you'll be doing
As a MEP DESIGN MANAGER, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Review of tender design information and comment in relation to technical compliance and initiation of Value Engineering ideas. This to involve developing hand marked design solutions to support estimating teams on occasion;
* Liaison with estimating department members to ensure understanding of clients requirements and to review solutions. Review key plant and equipment selections at tender stage particularly related to VE or alternative design solutions;
* Develop and agree scope with Line Manager for the engagement of external design consultants and organisation of project agreements;
* Monitoring of external design consultants performance during project delivery and supporting internal project team where issues arise;
* Develop and agree scope with Line Manager and BIM Lead the project BIM delivery requirements, plus monitoring of delivery during project stage, in particular the costs.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Ensuring technically compliant and economic design solutions are developed for tender or detail design stage;
* Schedules, prioritises and reviews own work;
* Ability to select economic solutions at tender stage;
* Understanding of time and implications of decisions;
* Good IT skills;
* Team player;
* Good communicator.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.