about 1 year ago
Job Title:MEP Delivery Manager
Relocation Authorised: None
Location: London, UK
Position Closing Date: Open until Filled
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Pending notice to proceed, Bechtel is tentatively looking for a MEP Delivery Manager to support the Business by overseeing the on-site delivery and safe installation of MEP services by the principle contractor as well as to oversee the MEP interfaces between contractors.11 Month Assignment - Proposed end date: December 2019.
Dimensions and Interfaces
* Reports to Project Construction Manager
* Work closely with Supervisor’s Representative, Site Manager(s), Cost Engineer(s), Contract Administrator(s) and Contractors as required.
Main Challenges of the job
* Developing strong relationships between all interfacing parties from principle contractor and systemwide contractors to Infrastructure Maintainers.
* Maintaining a robust MEP programme and delivering to this programme.
* Maintaining rigorous compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
* Maintaining focus on the delivery of the project.
1. Oversee MEP construction/installation activities.
2. Ensure excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
3. Monitor and support the principle contractor’s compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
4. Drive MEP programme objectives and progress/performance against milestones and programme.
5. Liaise with the principle contractor and Project Manager’s team to identify MEP risk, opportunities. Work with principle contractor to implement risk mitigation and opportunities.
6. Work with the principle contractor and resolve MEP construction issues.
7. Review of MEP activities in contract programme, ensuring that a robust MEP programme is maintained and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
8. Participate in the development of the MEP 4 week lookahead programme.
9. Monitor MEP resource levels, work with the principle contractor to ensure that resources levels are adequate and effectively deployed.
10. Review productivity of installed quantities against forecasts, providing reports as required.
11. Work with principle contractor and T&C Manager to ensure that T&C forecasts are robust.
12. Ensure effectiveness of MEP shift handovers.
13. Check principle contractor’s MEP shift reports ensuring that a high standard is maintained.
14. Monitor the principle contractor’s management of direct hire and subcontractor performance. Work with principle contractor and their subcontractors to optimise performance.
15. Work with principle contractor to facilitate MEP works
16. Ensure compliance with the Infrastructure Protection Plan for MEP works within the operational station environment.
17. Support interfaces between the principle contractor and other contractors / interfaces during the MEP construction, testing & commissioning and handover stages.
18. Work with the principle contractor to resolve MEP interface issues.
19. Provide support to the Supervisor’s Representative in monitoring principle contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan. Drive resolution of MEP NCR’s and closing of snags.
20. Work with the principle contractor to understand MEP design status.
21. Provide input into and drive the resolution of MEP design issues.
22. Monitor programme objectives and contractor performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts.
23. Provide support to the Supervisor’s Representative and T&C Manager in monitoring principle contactor’s compliance with the T&C, certification and handover procedures.
24. Contribute to the T&C strategy.
25. Review and acceptance of Contractor MEP submittals as required.
26. Support the Project Manager in preparing communications and instructions to contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
27. Support cost engineers and planners with assessing the impact of MEP changes on cost and schedule.
* Degree in Engineering, Construction management or equivalent experience, all with an MEP focus.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract administration, effective correspondence, planning scheduling and cost control.
* Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, experience of dealing with MEP works packages, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
* Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations.
* An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively at all levels.
* Knowledge of LU processes and procedures.
* Relevant project management / engineering / construction experience to support effective management of interface issues.
* Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
* A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry
* Proven relevant experience in a railway environment desirable
* Previous Bechtel Experience preferable
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.