9 months ago
As part of an increase in workload we are seeking to recruit an MEP CAD / Revit Technician to join our Building Services department delivering engineering solutions across a number of schemes. The Building Services team works on a variety of projects, ranging from conceptualisation to practical delivery.
As a MEP CAD / Revit Technician, you should be technically capable of working across a variety of projects, including works at both planning and detailed design stages. You should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the internal management of the company from Graduate to Director level. Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and Contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team and promoting other services provided by the company.
Due to an increase in Revit projects, we have a vacancy for an MEP CAD / Revit Technician. Work will initially be split 50/50 between Revit & 2D AutoCAD. However, due to our increasing BIM work, we expect this will evolve into a primarily Revit Technician role; dependant on the successful applicant’s attitude and aptitude.
Work is likely to include:
* Preparing Architects’ drawings for use as xreferences
* Amending 2D drawings (including schematics) to Engineers’ mark-ups
* Producing co-ordinated, multi-service 2D drawings with minimal instruction
* Liaising directly with Engineering team to ensure we meet client needs and projects are delivered on programme
* Issuing drawings
* Externally you will be required to liaise with Clients, Architects and Contractors, maintaining good business relationships with all members of the team
* Modelling / co-ordinating Mechanical and Electrical services within risers and corridors in Revit
* Modelling / co-ordinating plant rooms in Revit
* Creating Revit families as required
* Setting up Revit drawing sheets
Required Qualifications / Experience:
* Multi-disciplined (Mechanical & Electrical)
* FULL-TIME MEP Revit experience
* Minimum 3 years’ AutoCAD experience
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar multi-discipline role within building services
* Applicant must have a good grasp of building services
Optional Qualifications / Experience:
* Live within easy commute to the company
* Experience of commercial plant room design & district heating systems
* Experience of hotel projects
Please note this is a permanent position, contractors will not be considered.
What We Offer
Mendick Waring offer a unique place to work, where collaboration and support is provided from Junior through to Director Level. The company is a professional member of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers (CIBSE) and actively encourages staff to progress Chartered status, supported through CPD events and in-house training.
As a base package, all staff are entitled to the following:
* Competitive Market Salary
* 25 days annual leave (with options to purchase or sell 5 days)
* Membership to 1 professional body (CIBSE, IMech, IET, etc.)
In addition to our base benefits, we offer a flexible benefits package which includes:
* Matching Pension Contribution (3%)
* Medical Cash Plan
* Private Health and Dental Care
* Ride2Work Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
For further details and applications please contact Human Resources.