4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies that are shaping a new age of patient care. GE Healthcare's expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring and life support systems, disease research, drug discovery, and biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies is helping physicians detect disease earlier and to tailor personalized treatments for patients.
GE Healthcare offers a broad range of products and services that are improving productivity in healthcare and enhancing patient care by enabling healthcare providers to better diagnose and treat cancer, heart disease, neurological diseases, and other conditions. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $15 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 43,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
GE is an equal opportunity employer.
Activities contributing to the design and development of products and their interaction with the human body. Deep technical expertise within a field. Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology.
• Provision of scientific support and leadership of the Medical Affaires activities of the Northern European Region (UK, Ireland, Nordics, Benelux)
• Provide high quality medical expertise and strategic support to the commercial team and other functions within GE Healthcare Core Imaging
• Participation at scientific meetings with active role in presenting key clinical evidence to referral groups and KOL
• Single medical point of contact and relationship development with key medical opinion leaders; including but not limited to Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Neurology and Cardiology specialists
• Act as the medical liaison for medical societies, government agencies, ministries of health and advocacy groups
• Review and approval of promotional and other materials for scientific content according to ABPI guidelines (signatory)
• Support creation of clinical summaries, training materials and oversight medical information activities
• Responsible to assess and support all activities related to investigator sponsored trials and Post marketing surveillance studies. Collaboration with Clinical development providing feedback to the development plans
• The candidate must be medically qualified (MD)
• At least 3 years’ experience in industry in a similar medical affairs role
• Experience of approving promotional materials in accordance with the ABPI Code (signatory)
• Business knowledge and experience in a commercial environment
• Ability to travel 30% of the time (domestic and international)
• Post graduate work experience in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Neurology and Cardiology or a related medical/scientific area highly preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Strong leadership skills; able to create a dynamic environment that fosters transparency, collaboration and innovative thinking
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills; ability to influence and make recommendations at multiple levels of the company
• Demonstrated project management skills to establish strategic goals and to prioritize, plan, delegate and evaluate deliverables
Locations: United Kingdom; Amersham