20 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Main Purpose of the role
Provide technical support to the operational team, solving mechanical plant related issues and maintenance.
Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations, provide support where required and implement any recommendations arising from such schemes.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
• Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI's.
• Maintain record keeping for all equipment.
• Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents
• To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of Mechanical work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
Role Specific Responsibilities
• Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Assist in identifying the failure modes for all mechanical plant
• Take part in a rotating shift pattern
What we are looking for
• Recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship Scheme
• ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Organisational and planning skills
• Be able to absorb information on scope, collate information, and make judgment on the condition of existing equipment and installations
• Interpersonal skills/develop and maintain good working relationships
• Computer literacy – Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable
• Excellent Planning and Organisational skills, able to effectively prioritise and multi-task
• Team Building Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Motivational Skills
• Planning Skills
• Ability to communicate with team and management
• High level of problem solving skills
• Engineering experience associated with:
o Generic mechanical system design
o High pressure systems
o Mechanical applications for process industry
o Engineering design for Hazardous areas
o Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
o Various valves and pump types