13 days ago
Mechanical Technician - Marine
Requisition ID :2021-81763
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Mechanical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Technician - Marine on Triton on a 2/3 rotation.
* Carry out the inspection, maintenance and repair of all rotating and static mechanical systems.
* Required to conduct tests on equipment and assist Plant Operator to ensure safe and efficient equipment operation.
* Carries out condition monitoring activities and interpretation of results
* Review/maintains accurate and current records
* Ensures the installation, calibration and testing of platform equipment is conducted in accordance with company requirements and any statutory guidelines
* Ensures the required supply of spare parts is available, prepares and requisitions items required.
* Maintains good housekeeping conditions in workshop and work sites
* Put forward suggestions and develop modification requests as necessary to improve plant/equipment efficiency/safety operations
* Prepare equipment for maintenance activity.
* Participation in risk assessments when appropriate
* Assist platform teams where required.
* Proactively contribute to delivery against HSE plans and improvement objectives.
* Be aware of physical condition of plant & equipment to ensure technical integrity is maintained; raise issues and concerns identified.
* Ensure a safe and comprehensive handover is given at shift or crew change with all pertinent operational and maintenance information to relevant personnel.
* Maintain effective communication with Supervisors and other work groups.
* Be a member of the platform Emergency Response Team.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience in topsides and marine systems associated with FPSO operations. Gas compression, Pumps, Hydraulics, Condition Monitoring and Workshop Equipment.
Additional FPSO experience is desired but not essential
SVQ3 - Mechanical
Time served apprenticeship or recognised technical qualification in plant and equipment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.