25 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently expanding our team and require Mechanical Technicians with experience in the Energy from Waste, Petrochemical or Power sector.
The Mechanical Technician shall support the Lead Mechanical Engineer in maintaining services, plant and apparatus in all areas of the plant and across the three technologies. Our facility has a Mechanical Treatment, Anaerobic Digester and an Advanced Thermal Treatment Plant.
This role will require the successful applicant to provide technical leadership and mentoring to Maintenance Team members within the sphere of their core technical competence and lead in the effective delivery of the planned and unplanned maintenance activities at site
What will this role involve?
* Help to maintain standards as set out in the KPI’s
* Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management or the CMMS ensuring quick resolution
* Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, customers, premises and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices always
* Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation
* Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to
* Always undertake role in a professional and safe manner
* Carry out team briefings and tool box talks
* Perform PPM checks, inspections and reports in an efficient and prompt manner
* Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management or willing to undertake training at a level applicable to role.
* Good understanding of proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring.
* Experience of carrying out mechanical maintenance.
* Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
What are we looking for?
* IOSH qualification
* CSE/GCSE equivalent
* EFW Maintenance experience of 3 or more years
* Good communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Understanding and writing of SSoW and Risk Assessments
* Work within a Permit to work system
* Specialist proven skills in one of the following Coded Welding, Pressure Vessels, Combined Heat and Power Gas Systems maintenance and servicing , Steam Turbine maintenance and servicing, Steam Valves.
* Previous experience of working within the role required.
* Experience maintaining EFW plants
* Experience supervising a working party under SSoW and RA.