about 1 month ago
Requisition ID :2019-62326
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Operations & Maintenance
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting a Mechanical Technician Offshore on a long term basis.
Primary Accountabilities: -
* Maintenance of mechanical equipment including pumps, compressors, turbines, valves, gearboxes, pipe work, tanks, pressure vessels, hydraulic systems and associated support frames.
* Installation and maintenance of certified mechanical equipment in hazardous areas
* Inspection of relevant devices including rotating equipment, valves, pipe work & flanges
* Suggest changes to mechanical equipment to improve plant safety, efficiency and reliability.
* Execute work to Premier standards including bolt torquing and tensioning
* Conduct isolations (spading/de-spading) to conform to Safe System of Work
* Tidiness and cleanliness of worksite conditions
* In conjunction with your supervisor progress and complete training plans as identified by your annual appraisal and competency matrix.
* Minimise wastage in all areas of work e.g. un-used materials returned to stock
Skills / Qualifications
Time served in recognised trade apprenticeship / S/NVQ
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.