3 months ago
Job Title: Mechanical Team Leader
Business: Tata Steel Colors
Department: Site Services Department
Location: Shotton, Flintshire
Salary: £34,313 + Benefits
Closing Date: 11:00pm on 9th June 2021
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Team Leader within our Site Services Department.
Tata Steel Colors is an international business with nearly 50 years’ experience in the development and manufacture of pre-finished steels. The products produced by the business are applied in many sectors/finished products including building envelope (roof cladding and wall cladding), domestic appliances, consumer products, bakeware and other specialist applications.
As the Mechanical Team Leader, you will lead and co-ordinate the mechanical team within the Site Services Department and across the Shotton facility.
In this capacity, you will be required to take responsibility for mechanical personnel, statutory requirements, planning and maintenance, both developing and functioning in line with changing customer requirements.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Organise, monitor and maintain Site Services systems including Steam, HPHW, Compressed Air and Water Systems.
* Carrying out day to day planning using local resource (e.g. mechanical craftsmen and contractors) and ensure accurate SAP feedback.
* Creating and completing work orders and ensure all relevant issues are recorded in a notification where necessary.
* Create and maintain department risk assessments, procedures and LOLER’s, ensuring awareness and adherence from department personnel.
* Reserve materials from stores and external suppliers, to ensure work progresses in an efficient and timely manner.
* Control manning and holiday requests for department craft personnel.
* Monitor and control Core Competency and training requirements for members of your designated team ensuring they are relevant and valid.
* Assist with department safety meeting and play a lead role in the development and execution of the Site Services Department Sub Safety Plan.
* Implement and sustain to Continuous Improvements with in the area of responsibility.
* Control MOC (Management of Change) in your area of responsibility.
* Play a key role in the training of Tata apprentices.
* Actively promote IMS, RMS, RS’s, 4Whats to your team members
To be considered for this opportunity, you must be a time served mechanical craftsman, with adequate, relevant plant experience and ideally, knowledge of a Site Services environment.
You should ideally hold formal qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (preferably HNC or equivalent as a minimum) and have good communications skills, with a full understanding of company procedures with regard to safety and environment for the given job level.
Additionally, you must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks and be able to challenge those who do not.
A working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Job Segment:Engineer, ERP, Manager, SAP, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Management