2 months ago
Altran is looking for a Mechanical Systems Engineer to join the Rail team in Derby.
As a Mechanical Systems Engineer you will be part of the Engineering Team which is responsible for providing technical support for in-service fleets.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop mechanical engineering solutions and engineering change documentation, predominantly focused on Safety, Reliability, System Enhancement and Maintenance, while ensuring that Mechanical Systems Engineering solutions are delivered to pre-agreed timescales, within budget and quality standard.
You will be required to:
* Develop, validate and prepare modifications and maintenance changes for supported fleets under client Engineering Change process
* Investigate Reliability, Safety and Maintenance issues
* Provide technical leadership in the design, development, testing and validation of modifications under the Engineering Change process
* Provide cost and schedule estimates on engineering programs
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
* Organise and structure personal workload to achieve consistent on time delivery against the Engineering Plan
* Carry out high integrity validation of vehicle modifications undertaken against industry standards
* Participate in design reviews both internally and with external stakeholders
* Understand customer requirements, gather and analyse technical data to develop and document high quality, safe, reliable and cost effective vehicle modification or maintenance optimisation solutions under the Engineering change process
* Identify and thoroughly review and close out all credible risks, develop and participate in system test procedures or other validation approaches as appropriate
* Provide Technical Support to depot based engineering teams, assisting projects to overcome in service issues in a timely and professional manner
Qualifications and Technical Skills
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
* Chartered status would be desirable
* Display competency in several Mechanical Systems
* Competency to Independent Practitioner level in at least one Mechanical system and Supervised Practitioner in multiple Mechanical Systems
Knowledge and Experience
* Defining, structuring and developing a rolling stock concept and design
* Design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements
* Developing and applying a range of system engineering process and tools
* System Integration would be desirable
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.