10 months ago
Title : Mechanical Site Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-31488
Work Location :GB-Cumbria-Seascale
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Site Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry.
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Construction and mechanical installation of packages of work of various types however pipework installation essential for this role.
1. Technical supervision of all construction activities in accordance with current safety legislation, Company Safety Procedures, Cumbria, North West Site Procedures, Management Standards and the Nuclear Site Licence
2. Managing and liaising with supervisors and Quality Control inspection team to ensure that all work is progressed to the required quality, safety and environmental standards in line with programme requirements.
3. Technical control of all construction activities in accordance with OneAIM (Wood) Integrated Management System and the programme requirements. Where this involves the control of multi-discipline activities, liaising and engaging support from the relevant discipline engineer where necessary.
4. Preparing method statements and other supporting documents required to facilitate all work activities in line with current safety legislation, Cumbria, North West Procedures, Management Standards and the Nuclear Site Licence.
5. Producing all necessary risk assessments and safety documentation required to facilitate all work activities in line with current safety legislation, Cumbria, North West Procedures, Management Standards and the Nuclear Site Licence.
6. Maintaining accurate and contemporary records of safety and quality documents in a manner that allows for ease of reference and retrieval.
7. Identifying and planning all material requirements in accordance with specifications. Raising necessary requisitions and controlling deliveries, inspection and deployment in the works.
8. Liaising with client’s representatives on all technical issues and raising documentation required for inspections, technical queries and clearances associated with the works.
9. Attending and contributing to all scheduled meetings.
10. Carrying out Subcontractor Supervisor role as required by the Site Manager in accordance with the Company Management System, Cumbria, North West Procedures and Management Standards.
11. Carrying out any other relevant duties as delegated by the Site Manager/Deputy
Skills / Qualifications
HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Must have the ability to gain security clearance for a nuclear licenced site.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.