9 months ago
Mercedes AMG HPP are seeking an exceptional Mechanical Simulation Engineer to join our world championship winning team at Brixworth. The purpose of the role is to be a multi-skilled Mechanical Simulation Engineer, create and document simulation processes to be used throughout the business. Conduct simulations on components, assemblies and/or systems, have expertise in two or more of the following disciplines; Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and possess a very good theoretical and practical knowledge of mechanical systems and their functionality.
Job no: 493770
Work type: Permanent
Department: Mechanical Simulation
THEREFORE YOU NEED TO...
Be skilled at...
* For this particular vacancy we are mainly looking for someone who has expert knowledge of MBD and very good knowledge of FEA simulation.
* In general, we require multi-skilled simulation engineers, with experience of MBD, FEA and CFD. The target of our simulation engineers is to have, at least, expert knowledge and experience in one of these simulation types, very good knowledge and experience of another and some knowledge of the third.
* If you have expert knowledge in one of these fields we may offer, to a candidate with the right aptitude and attitude, to train you to become very skilled in one or both of the other fields.
Have experience of...
* Simulating and analysing multi-body dynamics problems of mechanical systems, preferably with experience of engine, powertrain and electric motors. Very desirable to have knowledge of analysing MBD problems using Dymola and AVL Excite software.
* Simulating and analysing components and assemblies using finite element analysis. Must have strong knowledge and experience of analysing thermal, mechanical and fatigue loadings. Very desirable to have knowledge of analysing FEA problems using Abaqus and Abaqus/CAE software (meshing using Hypermesh or SimLab would also be useful) and analysing fatigue using FE-Safe software.
* Simulating and analysing fluid flow problems using computational fluid dynamics. Knowledge and experience of simulating cooling, lubrication and fuel system components would be desirable. Experience of using Star CCM+ and Converge would be preferable.
Demonstrate knowledge of...
* For MBD must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of comprehending mechanical systems, vibration theory, natural frequencies, mode shapes, excitation forces, forced response, resonance, Fourier series/order analysis, and influences of mass/inertia, stiffness, lash/clearances and damping.
* For FEA must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of comprehending mechanical systems, geometry preparation for FEA, advanced meshing techniques, understanding and ing accurate material properties, ing loads accurately, evaluating the consequence of constraints and boundary conditions and making good choices, setting up complex contact interactions. Diagnosing, optimising and fixing solving issues. Setting up and understanding static, dynamic, thermal, linear perturbation, visco and fatigue analysis steps. Performing fatigue analysis, including duty-cycles, load histories, high-cycle and low-cycle fatigue. Interpreting results and recommending realistic improvements.
* For CFD must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of comprehending realistic fluid systems, fluid dynamics theory, turbulence models, boundary layer models, fluid properties, mesh generation and optimisation, single-phase and two-phase flow problems, conjugate heat transfer and the dynamic effects of velocity and pressure.
Hold these qualifications...
* Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent), Grade 2:1 or higher
* A-Levels in Maths & Physics, Grade A or higher
* Passionate about engineering and simulation
* Disciplined and rigorous
* Highly attentive to detail
* Creative and innovative
* Driven to deliver very high quality work
* Able to communicate effectively
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!
Advertised: 22 Aug 2019 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Back to search results now Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these