9 months ago
Title : Mechanical & Rotating Equipment TA
Requisition ID :2019-35438
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical & Rotating Equipment TA with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Act as the discipline lead, and Technical Authority, for Mechanical Engineering Rotating & Static for the UK Business Unit.
Define the strategy and standards for all technical aspects of an asset within the specified discipline area.
Assurance that those standards continue to be applicable and met as changes and ageing alter the design basis & operating envelopes of an asset.
Approve / reject requests for deviations away from the defined standards. Ensure that all Mechanical Safety and Environmental Critical Elements are given the correct attention and scrutiny and their performance is reported accurately.
Ownership of the technical content of assigned SECE performance standards.
Responsible for the technical performance for assigned Safety Critical Elements and corresponding assurance activities; maintenance/testing strategy, performance achievement and corrective actions deviations, repairs, improvements and audit/ICP findings etc. Accountability for the following systems, with corresponding interfaces to other technical disciplines.
Contribution to developing, and working within, individual Assets work plans and budgets.
Delegation of Authority, where appropriate.
Indirect report Mechanical Support Engineer
* Key relationship with UK BU Producing Assets operational teams, and HSES department.
* Other Technical Authorities & discipline engineers embedded in the assets.
* UKBU Facilities Engineering Manager
* Group function management and discipline heads in London Premier Oil UK.
* Government bodies including Oil and Gas Authority, BEIS and the Health and Safety Executive.
* Contractor and specialist support organisations
* Educated to degree level in a relevant technical engineering discipline.
* Sufficient & appropriate further qualifications/experience to be appointed as the Mechanical Technical Authority.
* Preferred Chartered Engineer status.
Skills / Qualifications
BOSIET and valid Offshore Medical
Experience in operating within a safety case regime within Oil & Gas
* Experience with oil & gas operations topsides & subsea and associated equipment and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point.
* Experience with technical engineering methods and supporting studies within discipline area, e.g. Turbines/Compressors/Pumps & Cranes/static lifting equipment.
* Should be conversant with Brownfield installation modification process(s) in North Sea.
* Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes.
* UK HSE Legislation, in particular offshore regulations Recognised technical codes and engineering standards within mechanical engineering discipline, e.g.: ISO 13709, API 610 & 670 etc.
* Committed to ensuring major accident/technical risks are identified, assessed and controlled.
* Able to effectively work interfaces with other technical disciplines to ensure no gaps in coverage & support provision.
* Pragmatic approach to understanding and managing technical risk.
* Goal orientated and able to deliver results, sometimes under pressure.
* Good communication and influencing skills with a proven coaching ability.
* Confident and strong self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.