9 months ago
Mechanical Project Eng
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfilment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Honeywell Intelligrated solutions give businesses a competitive edge and optimize operational performance through increased flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
We are currently looking to recruit a number of Mechanical Project Engineers to join our newly created Intelligrated team based out of our Bracknell location.
The Mechanical Project Engineer is the owner of the mechanical content of a project or program of projects and is responsible for maintaining program consistency between projects, documentation, and support. The Mechanical Project Engineer manages program requirements and associated documentation. As well as maintains all technical program communications with customers and drives product and project execution improvements and continuous improvement efforts.
* Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed.
* Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
* Produces functional and conceptual technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support and expertise for assigned projects
* Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work.
* Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control
and identifies risks / opportunities.
* Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering
* Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines.
* Actively contributes in the pre-engineering phase of a project. As such, identifies to the customer
what information is required before project starts.
* Assist sales organization in defining and estimating the engineering/technical scope of work.
* Assist project manager in defining and estimating the engineering/technical change of work.
* Reviews and assists customer with developing SOW/RFP/RFQ and specifications.
* Supports and consults C&E; attends mechanical related pricing, concept, and customer review
* Supports and consults Sales and Marketing; provides guidance relative to base/standard products,
documentation, and user guides available.
* Attends all project related turnover meetings and functional design reviews.
* Manages program requirements and standards.
* Manages mechanical design efforts in line with program requirements and standards.
* Attends all customer related approval meetings.
* Consults Mechanical Engineering on system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, and interface documents; consults on project phasing (Tie-Ins, SWs, Cut-Ins) as part of the Mechanical Project Team.
* Ensures Mechanical SOPER activity is in line with program requirements and standards.
* Monitors project progress and issues from a program perspective.
* Monitors/audits drawings/parts and QA activities in line with program requirements and
* Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency
across program accounts.
* Ensures proper test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance) are created.
* Performs project audit (site or remote) to ensure program account standards are being met
* Prepares and supports creation of subcontract bid documents and approves vendor invoices
* Supports critical customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT as required.
* Reviews and consults on open issues; assists with any customer escalations.
* Contributes to lessons learned post-mortem engineering review, providing program account
expertise and historical perspective.
* Coordinates on-site engineering support for installation and go-live.
* Coordinates start up spare parts provision, training and project documentation as required.
Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt
Estimation development and analysis
Skills & Experience:
* Proven experience of Mechanical Engineering experience is required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience required
* Experience with designing / implementing Honeywell/Intelligrated or other third-party material handling systems is a plus.
* Proficient in project management skills
* Proficient in financial & budget knowledge
* Proficient in the use of AutoCad mechanical
* Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
* Proficient in the use of MS Project
* Proficient in technical drawings interpretation
* Familiar with SAP/ORACLE
* Familiar with pertinent IBC codes associated with design
* Familiar in the design of structures and platforms
* Advanced skills in being proactive, with strong customer satisfaction ethic
* Advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with key customer project personnel.
* Patience, understanding and non-confrontational approach for difficult customers.
* Ability to clearly communicate project specifications and requirements to a 3rd party vendor if applicable.
* Fluency in English required. Additional fluency in one or more other European languages preferred
* Has an understanding of the European material handling marketplace and knowledge of the general business environment
* Understands and is familiar with the use of quality principles i.e. TQM
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
* * * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD16062
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Skimped Hill Lane, Downshire Way, Bracknell, BERKS RG12 1EB GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.