Mechanical Production Engineer
Looking for an experienced mechanical Production Engineer who has mechanical experience within a capital equipment environment (high tech), knowledge of CAD (ideally Inventor but would consider any 3D CAD package), a can-do attitude and experience with cost savings, lean manufacturing and engineering change requests
Role will be split 50-50 between Aylesbury and Colchester
The Contract Mechanical Engineer is required to complete drawing and technical transfer from R&D of new high value Quadra7 with EFEM. The role will also include working with production on the manufacture of the system for sale.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Control and co-ordinate project working with Production, Purchasing and R&D
· Provide Production and Engineering training.
· Provide new written procedures for build and test.
· Carry out design for manufacturing processes to the design where necessary
· Take a proactive approach to resolving problems and work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
· High end contractor to be able to start at full pace.
· Highly experienced mechanical production engineer of precision mechanisms with history of delivering project for technical capital equipment.
· Experience of hands on mechanical assembly.
· Minimum HND of equivalent.
· High level of technical knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to practical situations.
· Able to demonstrate previous experience of similar successful project
· Engineering degree or equivalent.
· Previous experience with X-Ray systems beneficial.
· Experience with ERP system, ideally EFACS.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Advanced user of AutoCAD Inventor CAD system, 3D modelling and 2D drawings
· Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook to an intermediate level.
· Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
· Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Attention to detail.