5 months ago
Job Title : Mechanical Opportunities - Engineer or Senior
Location : Birmingham - Birmingham, B16 8PE UK (Primary)
Organisational Unit : Hoare Lea -> Mechanical
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mechanical Engineering
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Job Description : Mechanical Opportunities – Engineer or Senior
Competitive salary + benefits
We have exciting opportunities for Mechanical Engineers to join our firm. Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be responding to our clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
- Produce detailed designs and drawings utilising latest digital techniques.
- Use the latest computer modelling software,
- Undertake site surveys
- Communicating will span all of the above as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
- Take responsibility for design coordination with other disciplines and professionals.
- Manage the discipline of a small project.
What We Are Looking For
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- Opportunities for career progression
- Flexi Time
We are a highly successful international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
This is an exciting time to join Hoare Lea as we are focused on growth, both in the UK and overseas. We are large enough to provide stability and opportunity, and small enough to recognise our people as individuals; this has led to a culture of flexibility, individualism and organic growth.
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.