22 days ago
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Caerphilly, South Wales
Salary: £30,323 + Benefits
Closing Date: 11:00pm on Tuesday 6th April 2021
At Catnic, we are recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter. In this capacity, you will report to the Maintenance Engineer, and support the Operations team by performing necessary repairs; undertaking preventative maintenance activities and facilitating the promotion of engineering solutions for process improvement to ensure process availability, quality and productivity are optimised.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
* Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximised availability at optimum cost; to good standards of workmanship and in conformance with all Company standards and procedures.
* Contribute to the determination and coordination of preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided.
* Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives.
* Ensure that team operations, including those undertaken on the Company’s behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in a manner that fully complies with Tata health & safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
* Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business.
* Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes.
Liaise with line management, other Catnic functions and third parties to deliver the teams objectives overcoming any issues that may occur.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for this opportunity, you will be time served, with the ability to demonstrate initiative, drive and commitment. You will ideally be qualified to HNC level in an appropriate Mechanical engineering subject or equivalent.
In addition to this, you will require the following:
* Flexibility and an ability to adapt to ever changing demands.
* Ability to work safely under pressure and to tight timescales.
* Good all round education with string numeracy and literacy.
* Broad knowledge of Mechanical engineering
* Must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to safety.
* Welding/Fabricating skills desirable
* Good working knowledge of both Hydraulic & Pneumatic equipment
* Good Knowledge of Chiller units and Compressors
* Good understanding of Brake presses, Hydraulic presses
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Annual Pay Review
* Bonus scheme
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
We also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Catnic, a Tata Steel enterprise, specialised in the manufacture and supply of quality building materials, including its brand-leading steel lintels and an extensive range of plaster bead, metal mesh and building components.
Based in Caerphilly, Catnic is recognised as being one of the strongest brands in the construction industry and supplies builder’s merchants, housing developers and distributers throughout the UK and overseas with technically superior products.
Job Segment:Hydraulics, Engineer, Welding, Supply, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations