about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2020-78497
Work Location :GB-Lincolnshire-Doncaster
Department / Discipline : Construction
Trade & Craft
Overview / Responsibilities
Job title: Mechanical Fitter
Ref No: 15498
Start: Monday 28th September
Contract: 2 weeks
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter with extensive experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry.
Key aims and objectives
· To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and specifications
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the mechanical / assembly workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
· Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
· Apply for relevant permits to work (PTW) in order to complete workscope in a controlled and safe manner.
· Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
Skills / Qualifications
· 4 Year Appreticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent
· City and Guilds (C&G) Mechanical Fitting or Assembly and or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
· CCNSG Safety passport.
· Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
· Demonstrable experience post mechanical apprenticeship/training coupled with current relative experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. â€¯
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.