11 months ago
Mechanical Engineers (All levels)
We are looking for a number of Mechanical Engineers of all levels to join our successful and expanding team in Belfast.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved in diverse projects and will deliver innovative design solutions to a broad range of clients across multiple sectors. Forging a strong relationship with every client, you will support teams and the growth of our Belfast office, providing leading mechanical engineering designs. Your portfolio will encompass everything from residential, commercial, industrial and mixed developments, to health, education, defence and justice initiatives.
Passionate about customer relations, you will always go the extra mile, meaning you will ensure projects fulfil clients’ needs.
Providing unrivalled professional and technical advice in the areas of design, calculations, contract administration and site inspections, you will forge lasting client relationships as an engineer who is trusted to deliver high quality projects on time and in budget. You will demonstrate an innovative approach to design and will work well on your own or as part of a team and will be working on a wide range of projects across numerous sectors.
You will be expected to have a relevant degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and working towards Chartered Membership of CIBSE, IMechE or equivalent professional body although relevant design experience would be considered.
Ideally experience in the design of mechanical building services in complex buildings.
You will bring sound knowledge and proven experience in mechanical engineering design and a practical knowledge of renewable energy technologies.
It would be beneficial to have knowledge of a wide range of technical software including AutoCAD, Revit, Hevomcomp, IES (or TAS) etc.
* Relevant experience in design of projects
* Ideal experience in health, education or commercial projects
* Ability to working within a team and major complex projects
* Experience in AutoCAD, National Engineering Spec (NES) Microsoft office
* REVIT/REVIT MEP experience welcomed
* Understanding of BREEAM on M&E Services
* Implementation of renewable or zero carbon technologies
Discipline specific experience in the following is desirable;
* IES or other thermal modelling experience
* Hevacomp or other calculation packages
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.