21 days ago
Mechanical Engineering Technical Authority
Global - Flexible
Efficient Natural Resources
Vacancy: Mechanical Engineering Technical Authority
Location: Flexible location – UK, USA or Mainland Europe
The portfolio of capital projects under each sector will be managed by the Sector Portfolio Management Team (led by the Sector Capital Projects Director) with each site having a small team to manage the execution of capital projects through a third party.
The Sector Portfolio Management Team is a small central team of subject matter experts who will support all sites within that sector in order to provide high quality support and consistent standards. Mechanical is one of the Technical Authorities that will sit within this team.
The Mechanical Technical Authority will be accountable for the definition, deployment and assurance of mechanical standards, strategy and ways of working throughout the sector. The jobholder works with, mentors and supports the sector and plant engineering functions in all areas of mechanical engineering.
* Definition, deployment and assurance of engineering standards, strategy and ways of working for all areas of mechanical engineering across the sector
* Co-ordination of these standards with Group Capital Projects and other sectors
* Provide functional leadership to site-based mechanical engineers on
* Process and scope development to enable a capital project to freeze the principal concept scope at stage gate 2, including input to key documentation deliverables.
* Appropriate selection of materials of construction at stage gate 2, based on process composition, temperature and pressure.
* JM assistance to major contractors as they work through their normal practices of parallel development of equipment data sheets, etc as process engineering work converges towards IFD and IFC.
* Development and execution of a mechanical engineering delivery plan for a project, aiming for a risk based and pro-active prioritisation of review of stage gate and Implement phase deliverables from contractors and suppliers.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* Experience in working with (or in) a major Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor on a project within the above industries.
* Membership of a recognised engineering institution or prepared to work towards it
* Demonstrated experience as a mechanical engineer in a full life cycle project from front end development, FEED, Execution, Commissioning and Handover phases, including active participation in process safety reviews, technical specifications for procurement etc..
* Demonstrated experience in creating new standards and procedures which have been cascaded and in are use
* Experience in the mechanical discipline for full life cycle management of equipment, piping and ancillaries, including maintenance and operation.
* Experience at coaching/ mentoring others
* Experience in managing a change management process/ way of working and understanding the impact on the wider business
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team,
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.