4 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Mechanical Engineering discipline we are looking for a graduate engineer to develop, as part of a multi-disciplined team, the best solution to a client’s hydrodynamic requirements. The role will require the individual to draw upon a number of different skills including mathematical modelling, physical model testing and data analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Carry out hydrodynamic analysis of ships and submarines using a range of numerical and physical test methods.
- Support the team in undertaking model scale hydrodynamic experiments and full-scale trials.
- Support to improving methods and processes within the team
- Bid Support: Production of estimates to support proposals.
- Support to Experiment Design Reviews and other meetings including presentations of findings and recommendations
- Ensure tasks are completed to agreed milestones, budgets, and to a high standard
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering. Similar qualifications and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in both submarine and surface ship hydrodynamics
- Hold full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!