8 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Location: Boscombe Down
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
The Aircraft Stress Engineer will work as part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers to develop modifications and trials installations to the QinetiQ fleet of aircraft and customer’s aircraft to defined customer requirements. The role will require both hands-on work on the aircraft to conduct surveys and post installation tests, and compiling calculations to Stress Office processes to clear new designs
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Carry out strength, fatigue, and vibration analysis of airframe modifications and installations using classical hand calculation methods and Finite Element Analysis methods.
- Production of formal calculations and supporting documentation to verify the designs meet the specified environmental requirements.
- Support to improving methods and processes within the team
- Bid Support: Production of estimates to support proposals.
- Support the design teams for aircraft surveys
- Support to Design Reviews and other meetings including presentations of findings and recommendations
- Ensure tasks are completed to agreed milestones, budgets, and to a high standard
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a wide range of military, government and commercial customers
- Determine the best way for our customers to exploit novel and emerging technologies
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering. Similar qualifications and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in aerospace and engineering
- Hold full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!