8 months ago
Requisition ID: 215560
Bechtel OG&C Graduate Recruitment 2019 – Mechanical Engineer
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we are tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting four-year scheme that offers:
* Industry-specific experience
* Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
* Networking and social events with other graduates
* Structured learning and development
* Full support towards obtaining Chartership
Based in our London Oil, Gas and Chemicals offices initially, our graduates will experience a vast range of opportunities with genuine international career prospects for the future. It’s a truly inspiring platform on which to build a successful and rewarding long-term career.
Position duties and responsibilities
The Bechtel Mechanical team works across a wide range of industry from oil and gas production through to refining and petrochemicals. As a mechanical engineer, you will get experience from first concept, design and selection of mechanical equipment through to construction, commissioning and startup of facilities.
As a Mechanical Engineer Graduate, you will be responsible for a range of challenging assignments including, but not limited to:
* Design, specification and selection of mechanical equipment, including, compressors, pumps, turbines, packaged equipment, pressure vessels, steam boilers, reactors, heat exchangers, fired heaters, material handling equipment, etc. and their integration with the plant design.
* Continuous monitoring of Suppliers’ performance in terms of design, manufacturing and delivery of equipment, in relation to the assigned schedule and quality requirements.
* Ensuring, controlling and monitoring compliance with the required Process Safety and HSE requirements across the project lifecycle.
* Interfacing with other engineering departments providing support in compliance with the project schedule.
* Assistance and support to construction and commissioning activities on site.
* Sharing technical knowledge and lessons learnt with the team.
* Ensuring proper communication within the team and with Project Stakeholders.
In Bechtel, you will learn to apply international and specific project standards to mechanical design and be regularly involved in discussions and reviews with other disciplines and clients.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
* Basic knowledge of engineering design, systems, calculations, along with the application of engineering methods and construction methods & materials
* Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field from an accredited University
* Legally allowed to work in the UK/EU. Free from sponsorship
* Ability and willingness to relocate and/or travel to domestic and/or international project job sites
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to take the initiative and work well as part of a team
Our people are driven by achieving tangible results and finding practical solutions to complex problems, so you will need to have more than just exceptional academic talent. You will need to be able to understand the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.