4 months ago
Mechanical Engineer/Senior Mechanical Engineer - Manchester
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Manchester Building Services team for a Mechanical Engineer with job leader capabilities or aspirations. This position will see you taking a pivotal role on diverse array of projects within the North West and further afield.
We are open to candidates currently operating at either Engineer or Senior Engineer grade.
About BuroHappold in Manchester
HOME Cultural and Arts Centre. The Factory. The Whitworth Art Gallery. University of Salford Adelphi Building. All innovative staples of Manchester, all brought to you by BuroHappold Engineering. Our office in Manchester is growing – and we want you to join us for the journey. This growth has been the product of organic success in the North West market, and as we continue to deliver a diverse range of inspiring projects, including higher education developments, sports stadia, and mixed use leisure facilities, we invite you to come with us as we all develop and grow.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our friendly and innovative team at either Engineer or Senior Engineer level. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented and ambitious engineer with strong leadership skills to play a key role on some of our most iconic projects in the region.
About the role...
This role will see you technically and creatively challenged on some of the most interesting developments in the North West and further afield. Team work and a collaborative approach are key to any project at BuroHappold, so your strong communication skills and passion to succeed with others will serve you well.
What design work will I be doing?
* Detailed design drawings with a specialisation in mechanical design - e.g. HVAC, etc.
* Prepare technical specifications and schedules and design development reports.
* Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
* Keep senior design team members informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the BuroHappold and the client are achieved.
Outside of design, what else will I do?
* Manage project finances, monitor scope, and ensure quality
* Plan and organise your workload to ensure that you are meeting clients expectations.
* Attending client, site and external design team meetings.
More about you...
As a talented building services engineer, it is expected that you would be able to demonstrate...
* Extensive mechanical design experience in an MEP consultancy;
* Ideally some experience as an mechanical job leader
* Diverse sector experience
* Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering
* Chartership with a relevant institution - e.g. CIBSE;
* AutoCAD, REVIT and similar software skills.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What's in it for you...
In return, we can offer fantastic opportunities to...
* Collaborate within a truly multidisciplinary environment, capitalising on BuroHappold’s extensive knowledge base in building physics, micro-climate analysis, computation fluid dynamics, climate change mitigation and energy master planning to inform truly environmentally responsive MEP designs;
* Take significant client-facing and leadership responsibilities within the context of a small, agile building services team;
* Work on a diverse array of projects across the education, leisure, retail, sports, culture, and healthcare sectors.
Come and join CIBSE's Building performance consultancy of the year. For a confidential and informal discussion please get in contact with Thomas White in the BuroHappold recruitment team (email@example.com)
The Whitworth Art Gallery
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.