6 months ago
Mechanical Engineer – Process Development
Permanent/Full Time; Royston, Herts, UK
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, private healthcare, travel allowance and more!
About the role
Our team of Mechanical Design Engineers is a highly respected and a highly valued part of our Technology and Innovation consultancy group. We are looking to grow this team significantly where you would be developing creative technical solutions for manufacturing processes and machine designs of “new to market products”.
We provide a one-stop product development service that takes products to market, from advising on business cases and creating initial concepts through to design and development; from manufacture and supply chain set-up to ongoing support for lasting success.
To enjoy this job and the variety of problems to be solved a good technical breadth is needed to adapt well to our consulting environment. This will make the most of your proactive and creative approach to your work, your aptitude and ambition, and your ability to apply your skills to the creation, analysis and development of process development, manufacturing systems and automation technologies.
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
• High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
• Thorough understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with the design and development of laboratory automation or manufacturing system equipment
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability
• Strong knowledge of COTS automation components
• Knowledge of pneumatics and machine control systems
• Understanding of machine health and safety regulations
• Experience in the Healthcare and / or Food and Drink sectors
• Understanding of quality control and risk management
• Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
• The ability to innovate and think freely
• Proven track record of working individually and in teams of highly skilled engineers in a complex technical project-based environment
• Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
• Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
• Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that works with makes real-world impact. By interacting with our Applied Sciences, Industrial Design, Data Sciences and Software teams, the Mechanical Engineering group can deliver truly innovative solutions to our clients that range right across the industrial sector! If you enjoy challenge and variety and don’t want to be pigeon-holed into a one-type-of-solution model, then PA is well worth considering:
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.