5 months ago
Mechanical Engineer - Ketton
As part of the Engineering Services Team, reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading the day services mechanical team in providing technical assistance to the production functions, setting and maintaining engineering standards throughout the site, plan and execute plant shutdown work as well as undertaking engineering investigations, supervising contract/specialist labour and continuously improving capital projects.
The Mechanical Engineer will form part of the duty mechanical call out rota for out of hours engineering support.
A degree in mechanical engineering is essential or equivalent qualifications will be taken into consideration. You must be a good team player with good communications skills and be opened minded with a will to learn. Experience in heavy mechanical engineering is desirable along with an understanding of condition monitoring techniques, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and tribology/steel metallurgy.
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all. Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions.
Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK.
One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
* Responsible for monitoring and ensuring all equipment operates safely and within the manufactures design criteria Comply with and ensure in the area under your control, including all divisional and site projects, that agreed standards are applied consistently and working within the statutory legislation and company policies and procedures.
* Develop organise and delivery all maintenance system functions to improve plant operation, improve efficiency in order to maintain the maximum levels of plant availability and reliability
* Provide on-going maintenance support to the plant for all shifts by participating in the plant's on call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for maintenance incidents after hours and on weekends while on call and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency
Skills / Experience
* Engineering qualifications in the specified field, supervisory and managerial experience would be an advantage.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred, minimum of HND. NBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent (training will be given where required)
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
* Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
* A comprehensive structured induction programme.
* Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
* Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
Full Time / Part Time: full time
Working Hours: 39.00 hrs
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift Description: 9-5 days
Company Vehicle: none
Closing Date: 27/03/20