7 months ago
Mechanical Engineer, Inspection Services Lift and Crane Surveyor
Location: Central London
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your mechanical engineering skills further, and work for a market-leading engineering inspection provider? Zurich Engineering is looking to expand our highly skilled, home based, Engineer Surveyor team, and we currently have a vacancy for the Central London area for a Lift and Crane Engineering surveyor.
Our Engineer Surveyor workforce is central to our continued success, being the ‘Face of Zurich’ to our large and varied client base. You will be carrying out hands-on statutory inspections, providing your expert opinion on a wide range of equipment, enabling our clients to comply with all relevant legislation. No two days will ever be the same, and you will be required to work in a variety of interesting environments.
You will be an experienced engineer with a sound knowledge of your engineering discipline, and our industry-leading bespoke training will ensure that you work to the exacting standards both we and our clients demand. Following your inspection, you will complete your reports on a Toughbook laptop, and then issue electronically to our clients, so good IT skills and high levels of literacy are required. You will be an excellent communicator, and confident in your ability to make sound engineering judgements.
You will be part of a multi-disciplined inspection team within your geographic area, and report to a Team Leader. The role is home-based, with your client base a reasonable travelling distance from your home.
We will consider applications for full-time, job-share, or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
Your skills and experience:
* To have a Level 4 qualification (HND / HNC etc.) in a relevant engineering field.
* We will also consider candidates with a NVQ Level 3 or ONC qualification, and support is available to allow you to complete a Level 4 qualification whilst working.
* You will have completed either a time served or Modern Apprenticeship and have significant experience with PS/PV and Steam boilers
* Hands-on experience in a relevant engineering discipline, such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance/ motor trade.
* A full valid UK driving licence.
* Be willing and able to work occasional paid overtime.
* Market leading salary, £34,692 -£45,223 depending on experience. This is reviewed annually.
* Annual bonus of up to 11%, depending on Business area performance.
* Company car – fully funded, with an option to upgrade.
* Location allowances where appropriate.
* Generous 12% Defined Contribution pension scheme.
* 33 days holiday per year including statutory holidays, with an option to buy and sell more if needed.
* Share-save scheme.
* A comprehensive Flexible benefits plan, including, Health Care, Dental Care, Childcare Vouchers, Health screening, Retail Vouchers etc.
At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, marital status, gender identity, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
: United Kingdom
: United Kingdom-England-London
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Relocation Available: No