about 1 month ago
Job Title : Mechanical Engineer
Location : Birmingham - Birmingham, B16 8PE GB (Primary)
Organisational Unit : Hoare Lea -> Mechanical
Job Type : Full Time
Category : Mechanical Engineering
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Job Description : Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Birmingham office. Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be responding to our clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Why Work For Us?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
- Produce detailed designs and drawings utilising latest digital techniques.
- Use the latest computer modelling software,
- Undertake site surveys
- Communicating will span all of the above as we regularly liaise with project teams, meet clients or end users, and attend collaborative meetings.
- Take responsibility for design coordination with other disciplines and professionals.
- Manage the discipline of a small project.
What We Are Looking For
- An expected or achieved 2.1 or above IMechE or CIBSE accredited degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- A masters or other relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Previous placement or work experience in a similar industry is an advantage
- An understanding of CAD or similar modelling software is an advantage
- Excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- A friendly, ambitious and confident individual with a flexible and resilient
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• Profit and performance related bonus
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• Discounted BUPA health assessments
• Flexible working - We’re happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
• Study Assistance
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel & dental insurance
• Employee retail discounts
• Sabbatical Leave
• Gym discounts
• GAYE – Give as you Earn
• Gourmet society tasting cards
• Employee Referral Scheme
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.