4 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Mace has an existing in-house team of mechanical and electrical engineers who design and implement new build and refurbishment projects which can range widely in scale. They must be capable of undertaking condition surveys, concept planning, design development and production of drawn information for tendering through to construction stage including carrying out the inspections and ratifications of the final work. They also undertake existing property inspection, maintenance and manage upgrade and repairs contracts to existing properties.
Suitably experienced and qualified mechanical engineers with specialist background, knowledge and experience in the following sectors would be an advantage. Due to the nature of the work security clearances will be required and a pre-requisite of this process is that the candidate has been resident in the UK for 3 years (tbc).
* Secure environments including HMP Prisons and HMCTS Courts
* Office refurbishments
* Sustainability and energy management
To be able to undertake the full range of activities schedule within the current RIBA “Plan of Work: Multi-Disciplinary Services” work stages 1-6, and its successor, and BSRIA BG6 professional services, together with any gateway review process. Production of project plans, designs, consultee responses, work implemented on site, contributions to group working practices and development.
The positions to be created are to be based in London. Occasional travel to project locations, mainly in the Southern and Eastern areas of the UK. Regular visits to construction sites.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Assisting in the design and delivery of building and engineering projects or groups of projects or programmes of work in order to achieve the highest quality within given timescales, budgets and statutory requirements.
* Providing mechanical engineering design services.
* Undertaking the design of mechanical engineering elements for new build or repair/refurbishment projects and specify systems and performance specifications and criteria.
* Being expert in heating, ventilation and cooling systems, hot and cold-water services, natural gas, IESVE 2019 - Energy Modelling.
* Undertaking the modelling and simulation options appraisals and feasibility studies and contribute whole life costing.
* Understanding of project deliverables and RIBA stages, health and safety, cost control, value engineering and site inspections.
* Providing report preparation, troubleshooting and providing advice on new and re-development projects.
* Working with new and emerging technology and integration with new design concepts for buildings and developing supply chains where necessary.
You must be professionally qualified mechanical design engineer and will have experience will be commensurate with the role and the project/programme of works.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and able to take on role of CDM-C. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Mainly office based, dependant on the government’s rules on COVID 19 requirements. It will be advantageous to the candidates if they have the capacity to work from home safely and in compliance with the DSE regulations.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and wellbeing commitment that includes volunteering days.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”