about 1 year ago
Mechanical Engineer - London
An interesting role for a skilled Mechanical Engineer within our busy London team. The role will offer the opportunity for you to take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects on a global platform.
Our London Building Services (MEP) team is involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects. With current projects including the Stratford Waterfront redevelopment, the new David Attenborough building at the University of Cambridge and KAFD Metro Station in Riyadh, BuroHappold's London Building Services team continues to deliver cutting edge design solutions which encourage the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources. Our holistic, multidisciplinary design environment affords our engineers the freedom and creativity to push the boundaries of sustainable building technology across HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing disciplines in close collaboration with practice-wide specialist groups such as sustainability & physics, facades, lighting, and technology.
What's the role?
We invite you to join our close-knit team as a Mechanical Engineer providing outstanding design engineering services to the Group on a range of interesting projects, working closely with our Senior Engineers and Associates. You will take ownership of delivering sustainable and innovative design solutions for building services projects led by the London office, although delivering to our portfolio of international projects.
Of course your role will be varied but your typical week will see you:
* Undertaking detailed mechanical engineering building services design, cross checking the results using hand calculations.
* Preparing technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and correspondence.
* Working closely with coordinators and other engineering professionals on a variety of multidisciplinary projects
* Representing BuroHappold at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
* Taking responsibility for the design and delivery of discipline engineering on multiple projects, seeing them through to completion.
* Adding value to a project and taking part in the financial management of the project, alongside others
* Maintaining your CPD and self learning / development as well as mentoring graduate engineers, interns and trainees
What do I bring?
Whether you are an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a step up, it is expected that you will be able to demonstrate:
* Significant experience gained within an engineering consultancy
* Proven track record of project design ideally through concept to detailed
* Ability to review and make small amendments within AutoCAD and Revit
* Fully conversant with Microsoft office as well as experience in general HVAC calculation software packages such as Hevacomp.
* Working knowledge and understanding of British, European and ideally International standards.
* Well practiced communication skills
* Confident and proactive approach to problem solving.
It would be highly advantageous if you have some experience of using Revit and working on projects both in the UK and overseas but this is not essential as we offer training on the use of this important tool.
Ideally you will also have a:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters Degree in Engineering (MEng) in a relevant subject
* Membership of a recognised professional body (CIBSE, IMechE, ASHRAE or equivalent) and demonstrable progress towards chartership.
What do I get in return?
With an enviable reputation for innovative design solutions, BuroHappold is an exciting place to work. Offering outstanding opportunity for progression, our thriving London MEP team work closely with clients both in the UK and further afield.
Apply today or contact Thomas White (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a confidential discussion
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.