about 1 year ago
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer, Battery Materials
Johnson Matthey is a global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. With headquarters in the United Kingdom, we are FTSE 100 company who have been established for more than 200 years.
The Battery Materials division focuses on developing and manufacturing advanced materials for the automotive battery market. We are rapidly expanding this part of our business to support our aim of creating world beating products for our customers and continue our contribution to a cleaner and healthier world.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for equipment mechanical design for projects ensuring relevant specification documents are prepared and provide technical expertise as defined by the project.
* Ensure the correct level of technical input and review has been applied to the coordinated design.
* Ensure technical knowledge is kept up to date. Maintain close contact with technical experts within the relevant engineering fields.
* Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to international standards / codes of practice.
* Lead mechanical dialogue with external parties including equipment vendors.
* Develop and inform Capital Expenditure requests as required.
* Maintain open and constructive communications with JM, the client and all parties relevant to the project.
* Ensure completion and handover of the project to the client's satisfaction. Conduct post project reviews to identify areas for improvement.
* Timely reporting of project progress and identification of issues which may affect schedule, budget or quality with additional reporting requirements managed appropriately
* Work as an individual or as part of a project team to deliver successful projects. Provide project leadership and support for project team members.
* Management of multiple engineering contractors and/or main contractor as pertinent to the project.Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to Capex Projects procedures and agreed with the client.
* Coordinate and manage the work of multiple external consultants and designers as required by the project.
* Ensure all projects are carried out in accordance with JM Health & Safety standards and local regulations. Monitor contractor Health & Safety performance and make improvements as necessary.
* Ensure adherence to JM Security requirements, constructability and the impact on existing operations during the design and execution of the project.
* Ensure Sustainability is considered during the equipment and process design and preparation of Capital Expenditure proposals.
* Develop understanding of industrial best practice for energy and waste reduction.
* Ensure testing is completed in line with the required standards.
* Support the development of the maintenance strategy for the facility.
* Assist with troubleshooting during commissioning and start-up.
Are you the ideal candidate?
* A proven Mechanical Engineer working on Projects with a degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Have experience working in a matrix model, delivery focussed project environment within powder-processing technologies
* Be comfortable within a fast-paced culture with a strong delivery focus; able to achieve business critical timescales
We would particularly like to hear from candidates with demonstrable experience of moisture sensitive powders or who have experience with Ni-based chemistries.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.