about 1 year ago
We're seeking experienced Mechanical Design Engineers on a permanent basis within the Product Engineering Department. You'll become the Mercedes HPP Specialist for key components / systems on the Power Unit. Wholly responsible for the associated engineering tasks, from initial idea through to the last race of the championship, you’ll need to solve problems decisively and insightfully.
Job no: 492309
Work type: Permanent
Department: Product Engineering
You'll be accountable for the whole journey of the component, which means you would cover conceptual design, structural / thermal analysis and design release, including the creation of documentation to support control of the bill of materials. In addition, you’ll need to define specific tests in order to approve the components / systems for use, and will close out this task through the writing of technical reports to summarise your findings.
It’s hugely important to us that you’re autonomous, taking ownership for the task in hand to drive our right first time capability. We need you to balance performance, obsolescence, cost & other key programme metrics – all to challenging timescales, in a demanding environment, relentlessly pursuing perfection.
We’re aiming to create the new standard of best practice, every time.
To be successful, we anticipate that you’ll show that you:
Are skilled at…
* Engineering solutions considering material selection, manufacturability, heat treatment & other process requirements, surface finish requirements, geometrical tolerancing & control over critical features
* Thriving under pressure and relishing a challenge
* Innovating, and delivering, solutions to difficult problems
Have experience of…
* 3D CAD design software (preferably CATIA), and key simulation/analysis packages
* Designing highly loaded mechanical components & system
* Operating in an engineering led, challenging, mechanical engineering position
Can demonstrate knowledge of…
* Internal combustion engines, their systems & energy recovery systems (across a broad spectrum)
Hold these qualifications…
* 2:1 degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!
Advertised: 05 Oct 2018 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Back to search results now Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these