26 days ago
Mechanical & Electrical Technical Manager
Permanent, Flexible location, Salary from £45,682 plus excellent benefits
Closing date: Wednesday 24th February
Interview date: Week commencing 8th March
Here at EDF we are seeking a Mechanical and Electrical Technical Manager to provide technical expertise and assurance in the delivery of Property Services projects and hard Facilities Management services. In line with Statutory, best practice, and EDF Energy requirements, you will liaise and report as appropriate to the senior management team. This will include the review and formalisation of the annual and 5 and 10 year maintenance plans as well as delivery of specialist technical / engineering projects where required.
Property Services projects and Facilities Management services are delivered across the Corporate estate which comprises of largely office buildings of varying size. Most of these are located in Southern England, but there are also some in the North East and Scotland. On occasion projects may also be delivered on industrial, residential, and other properties. The types of projects generally comprise; repair / renewal projects (including M&E plant), refurbishments, office moves and fit-outs. Hard Facilities management services includes planned and reactive; replacement, repair, and maintenance, of buildings and mechanical and electrical services. You will be required to provide assurance on multiple projects and services nationally, in the most time effective manner, making best use of other resource and service providers where necessary.
Day to day you will:
* Ensure that all service providers (Consultants and Contractors) across all projects are aware of and understand and comply with all Statutory requirements (CDM regulations etc.) and EDF Energy requirements, and must personally keep abreast of any changes to these. The TM will work with service providers to achieve the very highest level of Health & Safety on all projects and other Property Services matters.
* Ensure that a suitable regime of audit and assurance is in place to validate the services delivered by service providers. This will be through formal audits or ad hoc inspections and reviews of work, but always ensuring that audit findings are logged and closed in a timely manager and that any learning is cascaded across EDF Energy.
* Prepare the BMP and 5 and 10 year plans which will include: evaluation and appraisal of options and solutions; preparing outline design solutions and feasibility reports that consider options, programme, costs, environment / sustainability and Health & Safety.
* Ensure that a suitable regime of legislative and contract compliance audit and assurance is in place to validate the services delivered by service providers. This will be through formal audits or ad hoc inspections and reviews of work, but always ensuring that audit findings are logged and closed in a timely manager and that any learning is cascaded across EDF Energy.
* Following EDF Energy standards and procedures, represent EDF Energy and act as project ‘lead’ on selected technical projects from inception to completion for Property Services projects utilising PMs and external service providers to deliver the projects.
* Flexible - A flexible approach to meet the changing commitments and workload of the wider team. Willing to travel and adopt flexible working hours to meet work demands is a key requirement of the role.
* Organised – Strong organisational skills in planning and programming of projects, to ensure they are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget. Good attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and plan availability and allocation of people and resources to meet deadlines. Ability to implement and manage change, and follow EDF Energy policies, procedures, standards and processes. Take on board lessons learnt for process improvement.
* Commercially astute – Commercially aware and highly numerate, with experience of budgeting and cost analysis. Ability to use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs, and to actively manage / control budgets. Experience in a profit and loss environment.
* Stakeholder engagement – Diplomacy and ability to manage internal client relationships, external suppliers and be a role model within the business. High levels of persuasion and negotiation, with ability to manage expectations and influence outcomes within the business and beyond the post holders direct control. Able to establish credibility and demonstrate expertise with Contracted partners, colleagues, and others within the business.
* Communicative – Well developed written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to prepare and present reports and interface effectively with all staff up to and including senior managers, stakeholders, and external suppliers. Proactive in identifying project risks and issues, seeking support in resolution, and escalating where required.
* Technical – Strong technical knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical infrastructure, include including building and estate wide services. Minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in a Building Services related field and/or professional membership of CIBSE, NICEIC or other as appropriate preferred. Strong focus on H&S, with H&S qualification where possible. Ability to develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensure technical feasibility. Strong analytical skills and experience of creative problem solving.
* IT – Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and commonly used software systems, tools, and techniques to actively monitor project delivery - programme, progress, costs etc. Ability to create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
* Project Management – Track record of successful delivery of; building, mechanical, electrical and / or facilities works projects from inception to completion, including; feasibility, design, procurement, construction and completion, in a similar role for a minimum period of 5 years. Experience of managing large value contracts and outsourced services.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.