10 months ago
We are looking for a Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor to work within our subsidiary company Legsun, based from our London office. The Company is a Mechanical & Electrical contracting business turning over in excess of £20 million.
We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression.
* To take full commercial responsibility for the successful and profitable execution of contracts.
* To assist the Project Manager in ensuring reliable and contractual performance in the day-to-day implementation of contracts.
* To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with Company procedures.
* To ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
* To liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment.
* To maintain subcontractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to Senior Management.
* To monitor and control all costs associated with each contract and provide information and feedback to Senior Management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
* Proven Quantity Surveying experience
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Experience in production of procurement schedules
* Experience of working on M&E projects with a value of over £2m
* Good literacy and numeracy skills
* Knowledge of various forms of contract
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
* Strong team player
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer