26 days ago
Mechanical Design Engineer – Mechanical Future Concepts
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Part time working considered
An opportunity to become part of Europe’s No. 1 Missile Systems Designer, as a Mechanical Design Engineer, within the Mechanical Future Concepts team. You will work closely with other functional teams, such as Aerodynamics and Systems Design, to develop product concepts to meet our customer’s needs for the next generation of complex weapons, which will defend the nation. Within this role you will have the opportunity to undertake cutting-edge research of novel mechanical technologies to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
What we’re looking for
* Ideally Degree/HND/HNC Qualified plus significant experience in Mechanical Design, particularly in the Concept and Assessment phases of the product lifecycle.
* An understanding of the Structural and Thermal considerations of Mechanical Design
* An ability to develop concept design solutions with limited information and changing requirements
* Wider awareness of other disciplines such as Electronic Packaging, Aerodynamics and Manufacturing, would be beneficial
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with, influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
* Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
What’s in it for you?
* You will work on Projects that are in the first stages of development providing the opportunity to shape their direction into development and rapidly prototype designs.
* You will have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
* You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
* You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
* The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
* *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products.
Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.