12 months ago
Job Title : Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Manchester
Category : Building Services Engineering
Type : Permanent Full-time
Salary : Negotiable - depnding on experience
Reference # : RG1246
Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who wants to work on exceptionally varied and diverse projects in a team atmosphere?
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Manchester delivering innovative solutions for our client's.
Our projects include large industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million to smaller schemes and working for interesting clients including F1 Teams, motor manufacturers, Schools/Universities, contractors, developers etc.
What you’ll be doing:
* Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
* Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
* Designing site-specific equipment as required
* Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
* Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
* Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
* Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
* Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
What we need from you:
* Experience with running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
* Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
* AutoCAD experience (experience with IES modelling and Revit would be an advantage)
At Ridge we invest heavily in our biggest assets our people. We actively challenge and continuously improve our performance by investing in the training and development of our people. And as you will find out from day one in your Ridge career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
* 25 days holiday
* Private Healthcare
* Subscription, assessment and membership fees for relevant professional bodies
* Life Assurance
* Pension: Standard 5% Ridge Contribution
* Highly competitive salary
* Permanent contract from day one
Ridge is an award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consultancy. Core disciplines include Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, we provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
We maintain a spread of projects across all public and private sector markets from social housing to Formula One which is the essence of our strength in the depth and diverse range of our activity. All services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental, ISO18001 Health & Safety and with Investors in People. Ridge has been successfully operating since 1946 and now employs over 585 people in ten offices across the UK and has delivered projects in 75 countries worldwide.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click 'Apply Now' to be considered.
Closing Date : 10th November 2018