22 days ago
Job Title: Mechanical Craft Team Member (Hydraulics Fitter)
Business: Tata Strip Products UK
Department: Hot Rolled Products
Location: Port Talbot, South Wales
Salary: £28,770 + Benefits
Shit Pattern: Days
Closing Date: 11:00pm on Tuesday 19th January 2021
We are recruiting for an experienced Hydraulics Fitter based within Hot Rolled Products (HRP) at our site in Port Talbot, South Wales. Reporting to the Hydraulics Engineer, the purpose of the role is to carry out hydraulics maintenance activities, working as part of the Pipe Services Team, to support hydraulic maintenance across all areas of HRP from Primary OP’s though to Hot coil finishing.
To carry out this role successfully, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
* Responsible for maintaining/ improving the safety and reliability of hydraulic systems within HRP to minimise production delays to the mill. Including work on hydraulic equipment, pumps, valves, filters etc. Including , fault finding diagnosis and rectification..
* Carry out repairs to assist the department to reduce hydraulic oil consumption by reducing oil loss.
* Work through the SAP system, to maintain records of all maintenance tasks carried out, and build maintenance history.
* Work with the Hydraulic team to develop upgrades / improvements to improve reliability / combat equipment obsolescence issues.
* With the team develop safety systems and help review and build safe working procedures.
The ideal candidate will have working experience with Hydraulic and pressure systems maintenance and associated legislative compliance.
Applicants will be qualified to ONC level, which will have normally been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in electrical/process control engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate
We require applicants to have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and be computer literate. The ability to work without close supervision, yet under pressure and to tight timescales is essential.
What we offer
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Annual Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Our Strip Products UK manufactures hot-rolled, cold-rolled and metallic-coated strip steels and provides solutions in product design, processing technologies and management of the supply chain. We work closely with our customers to help them obtain the best results from our products. Our business aims to lead the market with the best products and services and we work continuously to improve them.
Job Segment:Hydraulics, Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Operations