7 months ago
Mechanical Construction Manager
The Construction Manager is responsible for the oversight of the project craft personnel for a specific trade or multiple trades supporting all projects throughout the region working directly with Project Managers, Project Executives and clients from conception to completion. He/she is directly in charge of managing supervisory and craft field staff in order to bring the project to successful completion. Duties include managing, in conjunction with project leadership, labor issues, development and execution of construction means and methods, oversight of work plans, safety, and management of construction risk and ensure quality construction standards are met. He/she must also be able to direct construction workers and Subcontractors for projects that do not require Project Manager or Executive oversight to bring the project in safely, on time, and on budget.
What you’ll do:
• When managing projects without direct oversight by a Project Manager or Project Executive:
o Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program
o Manage project kickoff, prepare project work plans and labor agreements, assist with procurement, and ensure performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems, quality, and safety
• Manage and coordinate craft personnel and resources on larger projects in conjunction with Project Managers and/or Project Executives
• Negotiate collective bargaining agreements with assigned union trade(s) with Construction Services Group Director, Vice President of Operations, or SVP/GM.
• Ensure craft development and mentoring to build bench strength and succession planning
• Assist with estimating and preconstruction efforts on larger projects.
• Estimate small projects with key clients.
• Maintain strong relationships with key clients, designers and consultants
• Assist Service Department as needed.
We’re looking for:
• Extensive knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods, codes and standards
• Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of
• 10 years in supervisory role of similar type construction
• Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations
• Understanding of financial operations and corporate cost control
• Strong written, communication, and problem solving skills
• Computer proficient and the ability to adapt to new innovations and processes
• Good working knowledge of labor trades and the construction industry
• Ability to manage and lead teams of diverse personnel
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Function effectively within a team unit
• Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees
• Comprehension of construction documents including drawings, specifications, and contracts
Developing your career at Skanska, you will:
• Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
• Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
• Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, and ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.