about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Mechanic to join our busy Sheffield workshop!
We have 200 different types of vehicle in our fleet so this is a great opportunity to work on different types of vehicles ranging from small vans to 26 tonne tipper grabs as well as specialist vehicles such as Sweepers, gulley machines, gritters and road marking vehicles.
You will join a small team of dedicated mechanics and apprentices on day and night shifts. As the Mechanic you will be doing general maintenance on all vehicles, 6 weekly PMIs, servicing of the fleet and pre MOT inspections to maintain our 100% pass rate.
You will be working 40 hours per week plus stand by duties and opportunities to work overtime!
We are looking for Mechanics with the relevant City and Guilds/NVQ qualifications, any experience with HGV/LGV will be highly beneficial. The nuts and bolts of the mechanics we are looking for is your enthusiasm to work with a large range of vehicles both in the type and the size!
For more details on the role, read on!
What will this role involve?
* Ensure a cost effective repair is carried out within budget
* To ensure that all documentation, Work Orders, service sheets are completed and returned to the workshop office for approval, signature and filing
* To ensure that all tooling and equipment used complies with current legislation and certification
* Maintenance of a tidy bench and working area
* All aspects of health and Safety are adhered to
* The QA policy is understood
* First time repair of vehicles and equipment
* Up to date competency for the repair of vehicles
* None conformances at QA audits
* Experience repairing a wide variety of plant and equipment
What are we looking for?
* Educated to City and Guilds or NVQ levels as appropriate
* Driving licence
* Basic understanding of maths and physics
* Experience of working within a Large Goods Vehicle workshop an advantage
* Be able to work well under pressure for extended periods of time.
* Strong interpersonal skills at all levels
* Flexible and adaptable
* Computer literate
* Competent in the assessment areas required by the Company Competency Management System