16 days ago
Job number: UK16334
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Measurement Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Derby.
* The Measurement Technician will assist with all surveys undertaken by the measurement services team.
* The individual will ideally have knowledge of Network Rail Safety requirements for undertaking all site activities whilst on the railway infrastructure, though training will be provided.
What you'll be doing
As a Measurement Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Assist with all activities of the measurement team such as: structure gauging and track surveys topographical, gauging and monitoring
* Assist with the Completion of all survey projects in a conscientious and professional manner
* Assist with the production of survey data and reports to meet project deliverables
* Able and willing to work unsocial hours (night shifts) and weekendsAA
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Experienced in the safety activities on Network Rail Infrastructure or similar
* Ideally ONC qualified preferably in a railway or civil engineering surveying discipline
* An understanding of a variety of survey equipment to include, total stations, scanners, track geometry trolleys, LaserSweep
* Ideally have the Network Rail PTS
* Computer literate with experience in the Microsoft Office software environment
* Network Rail PTS competence
* LUL Lucas Card competence
* First aid
* Training can be provided for a suitable candidate
* Candidate should also hold a current holder of UK driverAAAs license
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering).AA Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.AA We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.AA
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.