29 days ago
Ecolab are seeking an experienced Materials Manager to join the team at the Baglan plant in Wales.
What’s in it for you?
* The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
* The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
* The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What you will do:
* Plan and organise all materials needed for the plant to safely deliver everyday outstanding service to customers (this includes raw materials and packaging warehousing, line scheduling, capacity planning, materials planning/call off)
* As co-owner of manufacturing execution KPI with Production Manager, record all relevant changes to plan. Develop and produce appropriate and timely raw material reports to highlight any delays, quality issues, corrective actions and communicate these to all relevant colleagues and departments.
* Work with procurement on MOP process around MOQ, investigate identify and recommend more cost effective options (cheaper raw material/raw material sharing with sister plants)
* Proactively manage all material delays to plant by using relevant reporting tools in order to minimise negative impact on production.
* Finished good inventory – work with tactical planners to establish review points regarding consumptions and MOC process for changes to safety stock
* Regularly review storage strategy and point of use for raw materials and identify and recommend improvements including adoption of internal or external best practice
* Accurately track and record departmental budget vs actual monthly spend, take any appropriate corrective actions as necessary
* Master data accuracy – ensure accuracy of master recipes and ensure planning involvement in bringing new products to line
* Develop and agree clear KPI’s for materials team, ensuring they cascade from top level KPI’s and establish effective process to report, review and communicate their progress
* Managing department teams including holding 1-1’s, pp&d’s, proactive attendance management, and any performance issues arising. Record all relevant information within HR systems
* Establish and run effective formal communication processes and meetings for teams
* Degree in Chemistry, Logistics, Engineering or related discipline
* 5 years relevant Supply Chain experience
* Significant experience in planning, logistics or manufacturing
* Management experience of a team
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.
SHARE THIS JOB
* Share on Facebook
* Share on Twitter
* Share on Linkedin
* Share by Mail