about 1 year ago
Skipton, North Yorkshire
We have great opportunities for Buyers to join our growing Material’s Procurement Hub in Skipton. These exciting roles play a vital part in the overall profitability of all our projects and you will be joining a growing team with a great reputation in the UK Construction industry.
* Ensure materials required for projects are provided on time & within budget
* Unlock value within the supply chain through proactive procurement
* Identify potential suppliers and new products
* Continually drive efficiencies through effective negotiation
* Keep detailed records and maintain well‐organised work schedules
* Deal effectively with challenges that may arise with suppliers and the flow of materials
* Effectively utilise cost reports to maximise efficiency within the business and supply chain
* Attend adhoc meetings offsite at project locations, offices and suppliers.
* Ideally candidates should have previous construction or engineering industry experience in a buying, procurement or supply chain role. Candidates with any form of industry experience which may not be necessarily a supply chain background will also be considered.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Have a keen eye for detail and ability to act on initiative
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* An Analytical mind
* Well organised, flexible and self-motivated
* You may be a full MCIPS member or working towards this although this is not essential
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience
JN Bentley Ltd is part of the global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald, offering our clients full feasibility, design and construction services throughout the UK. We directly employ over 1500 people and are a rapidly expanding organisation with a turnover in excess of £300 million.
Successfully working alongside companies such as; National Grid, Rolls Royce, Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, United Utilities and the Coal authority has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors whilst developing and maintaining an excellent reputation with our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Job category (multi-select)
Buyer, Civil, Construction, Cost, Materials, Plant, Procurement, Quantity surveying, Water
Materials Buyer | Mott MacDonald