about 1 month ago
We are currently seeking a Material Technician to join our busy Technical Department based at our Clatchard Laboratory in the Fife and Tayside Region.
The Technical Team are responsible for ensuring asphalt, aggregates and concrete products meet specification and performance requirements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
• Ensure all core operations involve the physical and mechanical testing of soils, aggregates, concrete and road paving materials to determine strength and performance capability
• Ensure quality and technical performance is maintained
• Report on findings and potential trends to the Senior team and accurately record results
• Provide technical support to customers
• Assist with sampling and testing of aggregates, concrete and asphalt from units and sites throughout Fife and Tayside.
This is an interesting role for the right individual looking to gain experience in the technical and operational aspects of the aggregates industry.
You will have a flexible, proactive and ‘hands-on’ approach to work with effective communication, problem solving and IT skills. You will be involved with customers and colleagues at every level in the business and therefore you should be able to work confidently and courteously within the team and on your own initiative.
Ideally you will have experience working in this field although this is not essential as applications are welcome from practical, numerate and literate individuals willing to apply themselves to the work and to take full advantage of the internal and external training available.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company’s zero harm culture.
We offer competitive terms and benefits associated with being an employer of choice, including pension and share save option.
Closing date for applications
21st November, 2020