9 months ago
Do you excel in a fast-paced work environment? Do you enjoy collaborating with a team to develop innovative and creative solutions? Are you a thought leader focused on personal and professional development? If so, this job might be perfect for you.
What You’ll Do:
Skanska USA Building Inc. (Skanska) is looking for a full-time Marketing Manager in Houston, TX. The Marketing Manager is responsible for producing marketing deliverables, interviews, presentations and in-house planning meetings, ensuring branding standards are being utilized and acting as the primary contact between Business Developers, Account Managers and operations while supporting other Professional Service Groups. This position is responsible for overseeing marketing efforts in three offices within Texas (Houston, San Antonio and Dallas) with direct oversight and development of the marketing team.
In this job, you’ll support our overall sales and marketing efforts by taking on responsibilities including but not limited to:
Producing proposals, qualifications, award submittals and presentation materials;
Assisting with minor business development efforts;
Implementing concepts for and production of collateral materials;
Managing local database responsibilities;
Managing basic pursuit videos;
Serve and actively participate as a key member of the Texas senior leadership team;
Serve as the primary point-of-contact between business development, operations and larger national marketing group;
Ensure and enforce branding standards, including proper usage of logo;
Oversee and manage local marketing budget;
Hire and develop direct reports; conduct formal personnel reviews annually and assist in the development of individual career plans and goals.
We’re Looking For:
* Five to eight years of prior marketing experience in the Architectural, Construction, Engineering (AEC) industry or similar capacity;
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline;
* Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite;
* The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to adapt to different communication styles;
* A team-player mindset;
* A willingness to learn and work above and beyond;
* Excellent skills in time management, organizing, writing, proofreading and editing;
* Understanding of the AEC industry and marketing fundamentals;
* The ability to think outside the box to find solutions to problems;
* Determination and dependability;
* Experience managing staff;
* Comfortable being managed from a distance.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
* Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
* Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
* Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have more than 10,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2016, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $6.8 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $17.7 billion in 2016. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2017 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.