11 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
To provide strategic support to the Engineering & Operations function to produce and deliver integrated marketing and communications plans that help shape and drive business growth. Working across the function, the role will utilise the expertise in the team to ensure collaboration and create a high performing team.
The role will require working with stakeholders as strategic advisors, delivering marketing, internal communications, external communications and business support. The role will require ability to manage pressures from the business and prioritise work to ensure effective delivery.
Importantly, this is a leadership role where the individual will be required to work with the wider Marketing & Communications Team, the QinetiQ design team and select agencies which supports to achieve the best possible results.
The role is key to the successful implementation of our function strategy to ensure that work is rooted in customer audience understanding and utilising all digital and non-digital channels.
• Provide strategic advice to MD or Key stakeholders in area of responsibility
• Act as the single point of contact for business area
• Develop, manage and execute integrated marketing and communications plans for business area
• Provide support and advice for all internal communications including providing best practice on using Global Portal and management of change programmes
• Responsible for all proactive media relations for area, including press releases, media events and hosting interviews with trade and specialist media
• Development of marketing strategy and plans including audience understanding and proposition development based on commercial objectives that leads to generation of new business pipeline and lead pipeline
• Responsible for strategic briefing of the wider team (digital, design, research & events)
• Responsible for reporting on campaign results against pre-define KPI’s
• Management of design and agency support as required
• Responsible for the budget allocated for any work undertaken for business area
• The sourcing of customer delivery stories that can be used both internally and externally and develop associated content (written and multimedia)
• Work or lead cross-functional campaigns to deliver the strategy
1. Experience of working in communications, preferably internal
2. Worked in a matrix organisation
3. Experience working in highly technical B2B business (engineering and science preferable)
4. Integrated marketing and communications experience (demonstrable)
5. Strategic planning experience (leading not just doing)
6. A high level of organisational ability and experience of working independently to take decisions
7. Strong B2B experience – working in complex markets and being able to simplify
8. Gravitas with customers/internal stakeholders
9. Experience of complex stakeholder management
10. The ability to work at pace – accelerating progress
11. A good balance between strategy planning and hands on delivery
12. Creative ‘outside of the box’ thinking
13. Team player who can demonstrate collaboration
14. Excellent communicator with outstanding writing skills
15. Ability to influence at a senior level and have difficult conversations to push back
16. Ability to multitask to prioritise work and deliver to challenging deadlines, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
Skills & Competencies:
1. Strong internal & employee communications experience
2. Experience of external communications preferable
3. Strong B2B marketing and communications expertise with demonstrable track record/ability to deliver
4. People with both corporate and/or agency experience will be considered
5. Good ‘business mind’
6. Ideally degree educated but not essential
7. Demonstrable creative record – in the widest business sense
8. Degree level educated or equivalent working experience
9. Experience of working with senior leaders in a strategic advisory role