about 1 year ago
Market and Supplier Development Manager
We’ve connected millions of people safely, reliably and efficiently to the energy they use since 1990. But the world has grown, becoming more urban, complex and connected than ever before. So we’ve changed too. We know we can’t stand still or be complacent, so we’re planning, innovating and working to remain as vital and relevant as ever before. Join us and you’ll help us build the energy systems of tomorrow. Join us and be at the heart of energy.
About the role
As the Market & Supplier Development Manager you will set and implement a strategy to identify and qualify new, best value suppliers through non- traditional markets, ensuring that National Grid drives maximum value from its supply chain without compromising quality.
You will manage a team of three direct reports and 8 indirect reports.
You will lead the strategy and development implementation plan across National Grid’s market and supplier development;
* Collaborate with the Procurement CSR team (Global Procurement Strategy), Corporate Affairs, Legal, Regulation and other parts of National Grid to ensure that National Grid’s reputational risk is managed throughout.
* Undertake research and analysis of potential markets, supplies, and global cost of materials trends, ensuring that information (i.e., security of supply) is shared across the Procurement function to drive decision making and inform category / contract / business strategies.
* Lead a highly motivated, innovative and value-focused team, developing talent and a performance management culture that drives value through employee engagement which successfully meets or exceeds all strategic objectives for the area.
Have a Degree or equivalent. Ability to communicate dynamically at all levels within National Grid and externally to senior leaders within supplier organisations.
* Experience of managing procurement activities and delivering value.
* Experience of using business intelligence to leverage opportunities and deliver targets
* Good understanding of broader business objectives and implications of strategic planning and actions within the category on the regional/global businesses.
* Expert influences & negotiation skills
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to make decisions or recommendations on incomplete information
* Experience of successfully identifying and engaging non-traditional supply chain
Who we areAt National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.The closing date for this vacancy is 3rd October 2017. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.