8 days ago
Marine Management Systems Auditor
We are a leading international provider of classification, compliance & consultancy services to the marine & offshore industry, helping our customers design, construct & operate their assets to the highest levels of safety & performance. We are shaping the industry’s future through the development of novel & innovative technology for the next generation of assets, while continuing to deliver solutions for our customers every day.
Do you have the ambition to become an expert in the field of Marine Management Systems? Want to work for an international renowned maritime organization? Looking for a combination between a technical environment and a social interaction? Then working as a Marine Management System Auditor for Lloyd’s Register is something for you!
We will offer you a challenging job, an opportunity to develop yourself and a platform to realize your ambitions.
The challenge as a Marine auditor is that you not only carry out marine specific audits, you are also expected to assess the effective implementation of ISO standards. Sharing your knowledge by providing best practice advice on compliance and improvement of the management system is another fulfilling part of the role in which you will find yourself. Our client base offers you a diverse mixture of onshore as well as on board audits in the Nordic Countries and you will work closely with members of the team located across Europe. Occasionally the work will require you to exercise your skills and expertise in the wider EMEA Region.
* Organizing and carrying out the challenging MMS audits
* Provide MMS technical support to Danish Clients
* Be a focal point for assigned Owners and Managers for MMS related matters and
* support customers with explanation and implementation of relevant regulations
* Provide MMS technical support to Marine field operational and back-office support staff
* Collaborate with and provide operational support to the MMSO-NE team
* Reviewing audit and inspection reports from colleagues world-wide and follow up as needed
* Give instructions, presentations and training in the area of management and safety systems
* Assisting with the preparation of quotations
* Provide support for the MMSO Manager when required
* Support, facilitate and drive LR business in the Area
You will need:
* A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organization recognized by LR or qualifications from a Marine or Nautical Institute with appropriate sea time in a senior rank
* A minimum of five years’ experience in shipping ashore or afloat
* Proficient in the English language
* Excellent in communication and social skills
* Flexible, analytical and responsible
* Able to operate independently as well as in a team
We are primarily looking for seafarers who would like to make a switch from a job at sea to a job onshore. Experience as officer in a management position on board is required.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting working environment with intellectual challenges, responsibility and high-level client interaction. An attractive remuneration package will be offered. As for every Lloyd's Register staff member, a personal development plan will be made by you and your manager to support you in realizing your long-term goals.
Who we are
LR is a professional services company specialising in engineering & technology solutions that improve the safety & performance of complex, critical infrastructure. Our technical expertise is supported by more than 258 years of heritage from our beginnings as a marine classification society. We now operate across multiple industry sectors in over 75 countries employing 6,745 employees supporting 60,000 customers.
Working together for a safer world lies at the heart of why we exist & what we strive to achieve
Lloyd’s Register Foundation, has at its heart a mission to enhance the safety of life & property through its strategic themes of: supporting excellent scientific research; accelerating the application of research; promoting safety & public understanding of risk; & promoting advancement of skills & education. Successfully & effectively meeting our clients’ needs generates the capital to reinforce this mission.
We started out in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for customers in over 75 countries worldwide. The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity which supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: Working together for a safer world.
Are you interested in this job?
Apply now via the 'apply' button.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Julien LANGE (Corporate Recruiter North Europe) M: +--******or email -*******
Engineer, Inspector, Technical Support, Research Scientist, Engineering, Research, Quality, Technology, Science