about 1 year ago
Job ID : 93248BR
Location : United Kingdom - Paisley
Our Manufacturing Technicians are responsible for ensuring that the daily requirements for the Manufacture of Cell Culture Media and reagents are met.
What will you do?
* Manufacture Cell Culture Media for use in the biotech industry that is scientific in nature by carrying out chemical processing of raw media through to final packaged product using semi-automated packaging equipment. following established protocols and instructions.
* Perform in-process testing to ensure batches meet specification. With the assistance of others, trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
* Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks.
* Follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs. Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.
* Demonstrate good time management resulting in improved efficiency. Get involved in cost improvement initiatives by using process improvement.
* Work within Health and Safety guidelines and take the lead to ensure team are also meeting expectations.
* Exhibit a positive attitude and help motivate colleagues with a can do attitude to change.
* Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
* Demonstrate good communication skills.
* Take initiative to suggest new procedures.
* Results orientated and take pride in achieving targets.
* Perform tasks using IT equipment and packaging machinery.
* May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Who we are looking for:
* Knowledge of plant operations (manufacturing, distribution, maintenance)
required, as well as knowledge of cGMP and safety (OSHA) regulations.
* Manufacturing experience is desirable
* Ability to work under pressure in multiple tasks and manage priorities
* Knowledge of computer applications and current software
* Cleanroom experience is desirable
* A strong background of working in a hands on production role
What’s in it for you:
* All on the job training will be provided through a detailed 3 month training plan
* Free car parking
* On site gym
* Private medical insurance
* A variety of flexible benefits
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !