11 months ago
The engineer will focus on engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Understanding of production process concepts, methods & procedures is critical for success. The engineer will work as a team member & will be supported to develop expertise & deliver relevant activities on time, on budget & within expectations. We are looking to recruit innovative, fast-thinking & flexible graduates with initiative to work independently & the interpersonal skills to be an effective team player.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
* Employ basic scientific/engineering principles, produce test designs, test of materials, preparation of specifications, report preparation, basic research investigations.
* Define and control production process including tooling and equipment.
* Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
* Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision.
* Ability to work with different Engineering & Technology Departments in problem solving and development of various activities
* Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
* Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Attend training solutions as outlined within Graduate Training Programme
* Takes personal responsibility for issues, decisions, outcomes and delivering results
* Works actively with other team members to achieve targets or team objectives
* Maintains and extends a sound theoretical and practical knowledge
* Applies commercial parameters to technical/engineering activities
* Works interactively with relevant departments/functions
* Supports and works to required department and industry quality standards
* Uses appropriate technical/engineering information and knowledge to achieve objectives
* Any other duties as directed by the Manager(s) of Manufacturing.
* Currently studying towards/recently completed an Engineering degree
* Effective communication skills
* High attention to detail
* Ability to organise work to meet challenging deadlines
* Focused on on-time delivery, quality of service and customer needs
* Must comply with all company policies and procedures
* Professional and objective at all times
* Applicants must be able to work in the UK
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Locations: United Kingdom; Newcastle-upon-Tyne